Friday 26 December 2008

Bokashi Juice - Dilution Rates

Received an enquiry from a customer today that has read several different versions of how he should dilute Bokashi Juice. This was my response:

Hi xxxx

Apologies that you have been confused. We sell and distribute Green Frog Bokashi Buckets and Green Frog EM Bokashi Powder. For our instructions, please see the attached recommendations. Some stores (Green Frog Bokashi Resellers) may not to use our instructions, if you have bought our product, can you let me know where from, so we can enforce some consistency?

I would swing more to 200:1 as a general rule for most established plants. (100:1 being a much stronger dose for those that need a shot in the arm, so to speak). Where I would be careful is with sensitive natives, small vegetable seedlings and for spray on direct foliage (I personally don’t include grass as a direct foliage) for which you might like to go down to 300:1. 500:1 is a teaspoon for 5 litres, I just cannot see it as being beneficial at that diluted rate. For Green Frog Bokashi at least.

I’ll revise our instructions with the owner of Green Frog Bokashi in the new year to see what improvements can be made to the accompanying materials. We don’t have any lab tests as such. However, we would like your feedback if you have time to contribute.

No comments: